RAL PPD Plans
(Gareth Smith - last updated 2-Apr-2001)
- Equip public terminal area with more PCs
Desktop and Laptop plans
- Continue to Support NT on dekstop via cloning. New version just ready
to roll out. WIll include AFS client, Outlook 2000 (with security fix) ....
- Equip more desktop PC's with Video Conferencing (as needed)
- Keep laptops as standard as possible (currently Dells).
- Delay purchasing monitors (wait for flat screens...)
- HP-UX - only functions as disk server. Will completely turn off when
user disk on LINUX (new DAN server)
- Bring new DAN Windows 2000 fileserver into use with ADIC 22
- Participate in HEPNT and CLRC Windows 2000 tests and planning
- VMS frozen.
- RAL will replace site-wide FDDI with Gigabit ethernet. (Based on
NORTEL Passport systems).However, this will not significantly change the topology inside
Link to PPD Concerns